Returns, Refund and Exchange Policy
Please note: In light of the current looting situation we are unable to refund or exchange any purchase without an original till slip as proof of purchase.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but trust that you would understand the position adopted.
- To return any goods, you must produce a receipt/ till slip / web invoice (online orders) or gift receipt to the store. It shows when and where the goods were bought.
- Should you wish to exchange or return goods purchased within 30 days, we will gladly exchange them for you or, if you are returning the goods, accept them and reverse the transaction on your Edgars account or give you a refund in the form of a Gift card if you produce a gift receipt provided that:
Six Months return policy for defective goods
- The goods are unworn or unused with all original, sealed packaging and tags attached
- The goods are in a saleable condition
- For hygiene reasons, underwear (excluding bras), earrings for pierced ears, weaves & wigs and opened toiletries or cosmetics may not be returned or exchanged
- Gift vouchers will not be refunded; and
Returns for cellphones and cellphone related products
- We may repair or exchange defective merchandise provided proof of purchase is produced.
- We will gladly accept return of the defective goods and reverse the transaction on your Edgars account or refund you in the form of a Gift card provided proof of purchase is produced.
- Please read the Cellphone Customer pick-up document for the terms and conditions.
- For further assistance, please ask in-store or contact our customer care line on 031 010 0005 and or visit our website on www.edgars.co.za
Order cancellations for Online Purchases
- Edgars recognizes that it can sometimes be difficult to choose the correct items online and we want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your purchasing experience with Edgars.
- Our Refunds and Exchanges Policy is all about making it simpler for you to return anything that's 'not quite right' and all clauses listed above also apply to Online purchases.
- We encourage customers to return their items to their nearest Edgars store to receive an immediate exchange or refund, alternatively should you need your item collected, please contact our Customer Service team on 031 010 0005 for further assistance.
- If your item is faulty, damaged, or incorrect (not what you ordered), please contact our Customer Service team on 031 010 0005
Online 30 day free returns
- If you would like to cancel your order before delivery please call us as soon as possible
- Once your order has been dispatched and it has been handed over to our courier partner we will only be able to initiate a cancellation and a refund when the Items are back at our Fulfilment warehouse.
- In the event that we are unable to stop the delivery do not accept the delivery, reject it and inform the driver that you had asked for a cancellation
- If the delivery was accepted you have the right to return it. Please read on for more information on returns.
6 months Implied warranty for defective goods (CPA act)
- If you change your mind you have 30 days from the day you receive your delivery to return the item to your nearest store.
- The Items eligible for return must be in a unworn or unused condition, in its original sealed packaging including accessories and tags where applicable and in a saleable condition
- In the case of a device that takes sim-cards, inserting the sim-card is deemed as usage.
- In the case that a device is Wi-Fi enabled, connecting to a Wi-Fi Network is deemed to be usage.
- Our Returns policy also applies to Items purchased as a gift or delivered in error.
- We reserve the right to inspect the Items before we approve a refund.
- Please bring your ID, an Invoice or order confirmation when returning an Item to store
- If you are unable to return the item to your nearest store please email our call center on [email protected] or 031 010 0005 to assist you further.
- For hygiene purposes we cannot accept the following Items for return: underwear (excluding bras) , Ear rings, Cosmetics, Toiletries or fragrances that have been unsealed or used
7 day cooling of Period (ECT Act)
- In the event that your items are defective within the first 6 months of purchase, subject to inspection we may repair, exchange or refund the defective merchandise.
- If upon inspection it is found that the items are not defective you will not be entitled to a refund , repair or an exchange. You may be liable for the direct costs incurred.
- As part of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act, you may be entitled to cancel your order without reason or penalty within 7 days of delivery. We reserve the right to recuperate any direct costs of returning of delivering and returning the goods. For more information please contact our call center.
- In the event that a refund is due to you please note that refunds can take up to 10 days to reflect into your account.